- Durham County are running their Junior Championships at Coxhoe again
this year on Saturday 12th March. The details are on this Poster. You can enter online HERE.
- The second tables
for the Individual Championships are now HERE.
- The next executive
committee meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 19th 2016 at Hetton
Workingmen’s Club at 7.15 pm. These are the previous
Minutes and the
- Durham City Club are
organising a Junior event at Coxhoe on Saturday 23rd January 1.15pm. The details
are on this Poster.
- The first tables
for the Individual Championships are now
- The draw for rounds 3 & 4 of the Ron Evers
has now been posted on the website. Teams should check with Peterlee to see if
they need to bring any equipment on the night. Durham and Hetton 2 have not yet
added their result to the website.
- The 4NCL have their 6th FIDE Rated Congress run by Alex and Lara at Wetherby on 8-10th January 2016. The Entry form is HERE.
- The first two rounds of the Ron Evers Trophy were played at Hetton WMC.
- See pairings on the Ron Evers page
Ron Evers update
The draw has now
been made for the first two rounds of the Ron Evers due to be played next week
at Hetton Workingmen's Club. The first named team in each pairing are
requested to bring four boards fours sets, four clocks and enough scoresheets
for two matches. If there are any more teams wishing to enter at this
late stage then please contact the Ron Evers organiser asap - contact details
under DCCA Officials. Matches to start around 7.15-7.30. Thank you.
- Darlington are organising a Simul. with GM Keith Arkell - the details are
- I have updated the DCCA Officials page and several of the Clubs details. Let me know if you spot any errors.
- The website has been updated
with new pages for the Ron Evers Trophy and the County Durham Congress. Check
them out with the menu buttons.
- Not long to the new Chess season. Jonathan Hawkins has won the British
Championship and the new ECF grades are out -
I have now moved most of last year's results to the Archive.
DCCA AGM - This was held at 7.15pm Wednesday 20th May at Durham's club
(Antioch House). These are the Minutes
and the changes to the Ron Evers are Here.